55+ INDEPENDENT LIVING
2 BED 1 BATH 1200 SQ FT1,995-2,395
Live your best life.
- Maintenance Free Living
- Controlled Electronic Access
- Nearby Walking & Hiking Paths
- Community Gardening Beds
- Attached Garage
- Fitness Center
- In-Unit Laundry
- Daily Social Activities
- Transportation Services
- 1,200 Square Foot Apartments
- 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, Private Laundry
- Large 12′ x 24′ Private Patio / Balcony
WHY SENIOR LIVING?
Maybe you are retired. Maybe you are just tired of all the upkeep involved in owning your own home. Or perhaps you are tired of watching a parent work so hard to keep up, and want them to simply enjoy their retirement years.
Each person has their own reasons for considering Senior Living, Independent Living, and 55+ Communities.
You will find that the active adult community at The Estates at Moorhead has ideal amenities for seniors with exciting daily activities and social events to keep you as busy as you want to be. The best part is the maintenance-free living that lets you spend your days exactly as you want to.
Some common reasons why senior living may be a good fit:
- Freedom from Daily Chores and Home Upkeep: By residing in a senior living community, residents can enjoy the convenience of having someone else take care of tasks such as housekeeping, landscaping, and maintenance, allowing them to focus on activities they enjoy.
- Combatting Loneliness: If you’re feeling lonely or seeking a more vibrant social life, senior living communities provide a chance to connect with like-minded individuals and participate in various activities, events, and programs.
- Simplification of Life: Independent living allows individuals to simplify their lives in different ways. It may involve downsizing to a smaller, more manageable living space, reducing the financial burden associated with home ownership, or taking advantage of on-site amenities such as fitness centers, recreational activities, and transportation services. This simplification can provide a greater sense of freedom and flexibility in how you choose to live your life.
When you get to a certain age, it becomes harder to deal with all the upkeep that goes into owning a home. Even the tasks of daily living can be a challenge.
Your kids don’t always have the time or resources to help, and it is hard to find reliable help these days.
Shoveling snow, mowing the lawn, cleaning gutters, even changing furnace filters – you can leave this all behind.
It’s time to stop working so much and start really living!
Of course, if there’s work you still like to do, you have the freedom to do it! There is an indoor parking garage for residents who choose to keep their cars.
“I don’t miss my snow shovel one bit!”
“I’m very social. I like to be around people.”
SOCIALIZING AND ACTIVITY
The Estates at Moorhead fosters socialization and activity. Its many common areas include a fitness center, movie room, rec room, and library / game areas. Daily hosted activities provide even more social opportunities. Residents are really enjoying our new Walking Club!
- Card Playing
- Group Outings
- Painting Classes
- Exercise Classes
- Movie Nights
- Happy Hours
- Walking Club
- and more!
The Estates’ transportation regularly takes residents where they need to go. To the grocery store, the library, the airport, or the big game. We take you there in style.
PLENTIFUL OUTDOOR SPACES
With large patios and balconies, you can enjoy the outdoors and entertain.
The Estates at Moorhead is unique in its abundant outdoor spaces. Lush lawns, green spaces, and raised garden beds where you can garden, or simply admire the gardening of others.
Our lower units flow right into the yard, affording additional room to garden, if you so choose.
“It feels like I still have my own yard.”
About Living in Moorhead
Moorhead, Minnesota, located in Clay County, is the largest City in Northwest Minnesota. A growing community situated in the Red River Valley, Moorhead is part of a large metropolitan area including cities such as Dilworth, Minnesota, Fargo, North Dakota and West Fargo, North Dakota.
A Small Town with Big Amenities – Ideal for Senior Living
Moorhead has that safe, small town feel, with the amenities of a larger community. It is ideal for senior living. The area is rich with entertainment, arts and culture, dining, shopping, parks and recreation, and sporting events.
Moorhead Events and Attractions:
- Parks and Recreation Department – Offers programs, events, activities, miles of walking and biking trails, and much more!
- Fargo-Moorhead Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Historical & Cultural Society of Clay County
- Moorhead Public Library – Enjoy books, magazines, public computers, meeting rooms, document shredding, notary, events, book club kits, and more!
- Rourke Art Museum – Has FREE ADMISSION and hosts permanent collections and traveling exhibitions.
- Hjemkomst Center – Museum with special exhibits and events, featuring a replica of a Norwegian viking ship and a wooden stave church.
- Moorhead Farmers Market – Open on Tuesdays, June 6 – September 26 and has live local music from 4-6 pm.
- Bowling – Sunset Lanes is very close to The Estates. Bowl a few games or join a league!
- Summer Boat Tours on The Red River
- Straw Hat Players Summer Theater
- Concordia College Theatre – Produces a diverse mix of theater from one-act plays to musicals.
- Bluestem Center for the Arts – Outdoor amphitheater offering a great lineup of concerts is only 4 miles away.
- Golf Courses – Village Green Golf Course is very close to The Estates at Moorhead.
- Moorhead Country Club – 18-hole golf course, private outdoor swimming pool, on-site restaurant available to members.
- Moorhead Antique Mall – Visit the region’s largest quality antique mall.
- Village Green Park is within walking distance (0.6 miles) of The Estates, and offers picnic tables, pickle ball court, tennis court, baseball / softball field, wading pool, and more!
- M.B. Johnson Park – Miles of wooded trails along the Red River, picnic tables, shelter, boat ramp, and playground.
- Churches – There are multiple nearby churches. For those unable to travel to church, a local church broadcasts on our TV at The Estates on Sundays.
- Restaurants – Restaurants are plentiful in Moorhead. Some of our favorites include Rustica Eatery and Tavern, Junkyard Brewing Company, and Village Inn for breakfast.
- Grocery Stores – Hornbachers, quite a nice supermarket is just 1.7 miles away.
- Fargo – Moorhead’s sister city just across the Red River. Fargo also has excellent amenities to offer.